The Aviation and Missile Research, Development, and Engineering Center (AMRDEC) delivers collaborative and innovative aviation and missile capabilities for responsive and cost-effective research, development and life cycle engineering solutions.
AMRDEC supports activities for combatant commanders, related Foreign Military Services efforts, and Department of Defense services where these activities intersect.
The Systems Simulation, Software and Integration Directorate (S3I, formerly SED) develops and delivers responsive aviation and missile total life cycle cyber, software, protective technologies, and systems simulation engineering to enable readiness and ensure modernization of the United States Army to optimize joint warfighter capabilities at the point of need.
Open positions are located in Redstone Arsenal, AL and Schriever AFB, CO.
AMRDEC S3I Strategic Systems Engineering Services provides support for work in domains that include:
- Strategic Missiles and Targets
- Strategic Radars
- Exo/Indo Atmospheric Threats
- Data Mining and Visualization
- Condition Based Maintenance
The type of work associated within the various domains will include:
- Work Breakdown Structure
- Risk Register Maintenance
- Quality Plans
- Standard Program Support
- Software Development Life Cycle Outputs
- Systems Engineering Management Plan Development and Support
- Network Engineering
- Requirements Analysis
Positions require skill sets in one or more of the following areas:
- Knowledge of systems engineering lifecycle and engineering support services
- Experience in systems engineering, electrical engineering, network engineering, software engineering, or aeronautical engineering support services
- Requirements development experience including hardware and software requirements development and allocation and interface definition
- Systems architecture experience including hardware and software requirements allocation and interface definition
- Systems integration, data collection and testing
- Ability to support moderate travel for system deployment, integration and installation, test and training activities at the customer sites (some positions)
- Experience in engineering project planning and estimating
- Excellent teamwork, leadership, and oral and written communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, establish priorities, task assignments and see projects to completion
- Ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government secret security clearance and the ability to obtain at TS/SCI clearance