Cloud Services for the State of Texas
- Agency Contracts
Texas Cloud Brokerage
For Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR) customers, cloud computing offers a cost-effective alternative to traditional enterprise IT infrastructure, application development platforms and services. Unlike traditional IT offerings, cloud computing provides Texas agencies with shared pools of configurable computing resources (e.g., networks, servers, storage, applications, and services) available via an on-demand, self-service provisioning portal that can be accessed from anywhere on virtually any device.
Most importantly, cloud computing provides:
- Rapid elasticity
- Ability to scale up or down, based on demand to minimize excess capacity
- Measured service to ensure that customers are billed only for resources they use
Cloud Broker: A cloud broker is an entity that manages the use, performance and delivery of cloud services and negotiates relationships between cloud providers and cloud consumers. A cloud broker acts as the intermediary between consumer and provider and will help consumers through the complexity of cloud service offerings and may also create value-added cloud services.
Brokered Services Offered:
- Amazon Web Services (AWS)
Pricing – For quotes or instructions on placing purchase orders please contact Kevin Rigotti: Kevin.Rigotti@gdit.com or (757)389-4879. Pricing can be found on the DIR website. Customers will receive pricing when obtaining Statement of Work or quote.
Benefits of General Dynamics IT’s Cloud Brokerage Solution
- Aggregation of disparate cloud services, their provisioning tools and billing mechanisms to bring practicality cloud computing
- Agency-wide and state-wide cost and capacity monitoring across all cloud service providers to enable unprecedented governance and ever-more informed IT budgeting and acquisitions
- Offers the DIR and customers the potential to broker, provision, chargeback, and monitor existing State of Texas IT infrastructure if the State wishes to do so in the future
Texas Department of Information Resources (DIR)
DIR’s Cooperative (Co-op) Contracts program is a streamlined cooperative purchasing program for state and local government, public education, and other public entities in Texas, as well as public entities outside the state. DIR Cooperative Contracts Program Overview