Department of the Navy Names Superior Suppliers for 2017
August 29, 2017
Share this page:
WASHINGTON (NNS) -- On Aug. 29, the Department of the Navy (DON) announced its list of superior suppliers for 2017, businesses who demonstrated exceptional conduct in the areas of cost, schedule, performance, quality and business relations.
The Superior Supplier Incentive Program (SSIP) is designed to incentivize contractor performance by identifying and recognizing suppliers who provide the greatest value in terms of performance to the department.
"Our mission is to deliver the best capability for Sailors and Marines quickly and with good stewardship of taxpayer's money," said Allison Stiller, acting assistant secretary of the Navy for research, development and acquisition. "It's important for us to recognize our industry partners who help us execute the mission."
The DON Tier 1 superior suppliers for 2017 in alphabetical order are:
- BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- Lockheed Martin Missiles & Fire Control
- Raytheon Integrated Defense Systems
- Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services
- Raytheon Missile Systems
- Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems
The evaluated business units were divided into three tiers, with the top tier designated as superior suppliers. Designation as a Tier 1 superior supplier does not factor into future source selection decisions or contract awards for the business unit or the company.
Using a standard SSIP scoring model with the Army and Air Force, the Department statistically assessed suppliers over three years' worth of performance data through the Contractor Performance Assessment Reporting System to develop tiers.
"Because we looked at three years' worth of data and across the services, it's noteworthy for these industry partners to make the list," Stiller said. "It really means these partners have delivered over time, no matter the customer."
The remaining evaluated business units are listed below by tier in alphabetical order:
- BAE Systems Electronic Systems
- BAE Systems Platforms & Services
- Bell Boeing Joint Project Office
- Boeing Military Aircraft
- Boeing Global Services & Support
- General Dynamics Information Systems and Technology
- General Dynamics Marine Systems
- General Electric Aviation
- Harris Corporation Electronic Systems
- Honeywell International Aerospace
- Huntington Ingalls Shipbuilding
- Huntington Ingalls Newport News Shipbuilding
- L3 Technologies, Inc. Electronic Systems
- Leonardo S.p.a. DRS Technologies
- Lockheed Martin Aeronautics
- Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems
- Lockheed Martin Space Systems
- MHSC (Sikorsky Lockheed JV) Maritime Helicopter Support Company LLC
- Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems
- Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
- Orbital ATK Defense Systems
- Rockwell Collins Government Systems
- Rolls Royce Aerospace
- Textron Bell Helicopter
- Textron Systems
- United Technologies UTC Aerospace Systems
- Austal USA, LLC Austal USA
- Harris Corporation Communication Systems
- United Technologies Pratt & Whitney