About Amazon Web Services
For 10 years, Amazon Web Services has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 70 fully-featured services for compute, storage, databases, analytics, mobile, Internet of Things (IoT) and enterprise applications from 42 Availability Zones (AZs) across 16 geographic regions. AWS GovCloud provides scalable cost-efficient solutions specifically tailored for hosting sensitive data and regulated workloads in the cloud for the U.S. federal government. AWS provides U.S.-based clouds that meet a range of security requirements from Impact Level (IL) 2 unclassified workloads to Impact Level (IL) 6 sensitive workloads. AWS GovCloud (U.S.) is available to government agencies and organizations in government-regulated industries that meet GovCloud (U.S.).
General Dynamics IT and AWS
General Dynamics IT is an AWS Premier Consulting Partner, Channel Reseller, and leading government services provider. GDIT combines the specialization of a boutique AWS skillset with the broad capabilities of a large firm to lower risks and maximize the benefits that AWS brings to our clients. Our transition teams include application architects, solution developers, security architects, network specialists and system administrators who ensure a safe and efficient move to AWS.
With a long track record of moving applications across multiple environments, GDIT understands the complexities of migrating workloads in large-scale environments, and the skills needed for success. GDIT bridges the gap in migrating applications across traditional, private cloud and AWS environments. We have established AWS tailored roadmaps and processes for “lift and shift,” refactoring and rebuilding applications. GDIT Cloud Services for AWS provides a full range of tools to manage, operate and optimize your AWS environment within your overall operating environment.
- Premier Partner with competencies in Government and AWS GovCloud(US) services
- Experience in developing authority to operate (ATOs) for federal agencies to meet security requirements for hybrid cloud environments
- Able to resell AWS services on GSA IT Schedule 70 and provide AWS Managed Services
- Over 50 certified AWS employees with over 100 AWS Certifications
GDIT’s offerings for AWS include:
- Cloud Migration to AWS: This suite of services enables rapid migration of cloud-ready workloads to the AWS cloud. GDIT uses tools and services from RISC Networks for discovery and Racemi for cloud migration. GDIT works closely with you to identify the appropriate migration path for each application.
- Application Modernization on AWS: GDIT’s application modernization capabilities range from refactoring and COTS re-platforming to full conversion and rebuilding of the application with AWS in mind. Benefits include better utilization, performance, developer productivity, and innovation using the full AWS ecosystem.
- AWS Managed Cloud Services: GDIT combines cloud-native monitoring and management tools from our Cloud Services for AWS with the monitoring capabilities of GDIT’s Integrated Technology Center in Bossier City, Louisiana. GDIT works closely with our ecosystem partners to provide an interoperable suite of tools for 24x7 support: Carbon Black, New Relic and AppDynamics, Puppet and Chef, and Cloudcheckr.
- Reselling AWS Services: GDIT currently resells AWS services through GDIT’s schedule 70 with GSA.
The GDIT Case Study
In November 2015, GDIT (previously CSRA Inc.) had a major challenge on its hands: It had to build an entirely new IT platform to support more than 40 critical business applications within a very short timeframe. We successfully moved our applications to AWS in just four months, and continue to take advantage of the on-demand capabilities of the cloud, including the ability to spin up as many compute resources as we need, as quickly as they are needed. Read the case study on how and why GDIT used AWS as its cloud provider.