Unlocking Blockchain for Government
June 25, 2018
Location: Convene in Tysons Corner
This free, one-day conference was open to all, with a special focus on government leaders with a general understanding of blockchain who are investigating next steps in their own environment. All content was designed to arm attendees with use cases from government peers to catalyze “on the cusp” populations in their organizations. We experienced “Challenges and Trends” panels and learning tracks covering pertinent issues in health, science, identity, security, supply chain and asset management, as well as regulatory and procurement implications. We also took a deep dive into Hyperledger technology (led by IBM Blockchain) and got hands on with a Use Case design workshop (led by ConsenSys) to unpack blockchain for government. We closed out the day with a networking reception and vendor showcase featuring OCI and Lowry Solutions.
|8:00 a.m.||Continental Breakfast|
|9:10 a.m.||Use Case Thinking – “Real World Blockchain Solutions,” featuring several government use cases|
|10:15 - 10:25 a.m.||Short Break|
Panel: Hot Topics in Blockchain Technology
Blockchain Track A or B (parallel – attend one)
|1:35 p.m.||Short Break|
|1:40 p.m.||Ecosystem Partners Showcase|
|2:40 – 3:00 p.m.||Closing Topic|
|3:00 – 5:30 p.m.||Networking Reception and Vendor Breakout – All Attendees|
|3:00 – 4:00 p.m.||Deep Dive 1: Technologist [IBM Hyperledger] – Limited RSVPs|
|4:00 – 5:30 p.m.||Deep Dive 2: Solutions [Use Case Workshop featuring ConsenSys] – Limited RSVPs|
- Yogesh Khanna, CTO, GDIT
- Michelle White, General Services Administration
- David McElroy, IBM Blockchain
- Sherri Sokol, Defense Information Systems Agency
- Terri Phifer, Government Blockchain Association
- Tori Adams, Blockchain Lead, ConsenSys
- Katherine Foster, Innovation Advisor, World Bank
- Maureen Murat, Cogent Law Group
- Heather Flannery, CEO, Obesity PPM
- Michael Carter, Solutions Lead, GDIT
- Shin’ichiro Matsuo, Director of Blockchain Technology and Ecosystem Design, Georgetown University
- LCdr Jon McCarter, Cryptologic Warfare, US Navy
- Jim Nasr, VP, Technology and Innovation, Synchrogenix
- Askari Rizvi, Chief, Technical Services Branch, CDC
- Tim Gilday, Technology Acceleration, GDIT
- John Greaves, Chairman AIM Blockchain Council, Lowry Solutions
- Rene Bostic, Technical VP of Innovation and New Technologies, IBM
- Satyaveer Satvat, Director of Technology Governance and Management Division in ITC, GSA
- Lori Gordon, Civil Systems Protection Lead, The Aerospace Corporation
The IBM Blockchain Platform is an integrated platform designed to accelerate the creation of a "built for business" global Blockchain network across multiple industries and use cases. Only IBM has worked with more than 400 clients globally and across multiple industries from design to implementation, to achieve proven tangible outcomes to uncover new revenue streams, save time, cut costs and reduce risk.
With 800 blockchain professionals across 6 continents, ConsenSys is a global formation of technologists and entrepreneurs building the infrastructure, applications, and practices that enable a decentralized world. The ConsenSys Solutions Incubator Lab in Washington, DC takes a co-development approach to help organizations across sectors build, test, and deploy public and private blockchain solutions.
At the forefront of blockchain technology, OCI has practical, real-world experience delivering mission-critical software solutions that accelerate innovation within your organization and stand up to the evolving demands of your business.
Lowry Solutions is a global systems integrator of Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Blockchain, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) and barcode solutions for supply chain applications. Lowry has been implementing real-time asset visibility solutions that simplify trace-ability and improve business outcomes through sustainable solutions.